View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 09, 2016, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I believe he is state certified, but doesn't work any games. The state certification is an open-book test fwiw.

Also wondering if anyone finds the T for clapping unnecessary? I'm not sure that I would do that in a HS game because it might be hard to justify to an assignor, but this league is at the bottom of my list as far as priorities this year.

BigCat, my reasons for doing this league are pretty simple. I don't need the money, but I love seeing my savings grow when I deposit those checks every 2 weeks. I'm probably too greedy for my own good. This league actually probably costs me fitness, as my long runs for marathon training are a bit shorter knowing I have to go work 5 games Sunday nights.
At some point, you will say, "i don't care about the money, I'm not putting up with this BS any more. The BS isn't going to stop. When you get there you will know.

(and one other thing i will add, AND PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT...i don't know if you have kids but yesterday mine were born and today they are 22 and 17. I/we will never get the time that has passed back. I'm 51. If I could, i'd do some things differently for sure.) That may be a reason to continue putting up with the BS if you don't have kids yet. Save money for them, spend time now doing it so that when you have them you can take off etc. )

Last edited by BigCat; Fri Dec 09, 2016 at 01:24pm.