View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 23, 2016, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Under NFHS rules, disqualified players (and non-adult bench personnel) do not leave the playing enclosure, so it's a non-issue.

For coaches (or other adults), it's really simple. The ejected individual will leave in a timely manner (out of sight and sound), or we get game management/security involved. If the individual doesn't leave immediately, that goes in my report to the state. If for some reason game management fails to do its job, we suspend the game and let the state decide what to do.
Allow me to remind you of the league he is talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bball View Post
We work with a large recreational basketball league. Adult Men's and Women's division's from highly skilled and competitive to low level of play.
12 men's division's and 6 women's 138 teams in total
So, that being said, I doubt there's a report to the state, and there may be very little game management involved.

That being said, that's why so many officials on this forum simply refuse to work rec leagues. You often have little to no support from any kind of game management.

If that happened in my game, and someone was taking their time, I would make sure that someone on his team understood how quickly the ejected participant needed to vacate the premises, and then forfeit the game if there is not compliance. If game management THEN wants to clarify something, they are free to do so. But in the absence of any specific guidance, that's how I'm handling it.