View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 19, 2016, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Just my honest opinions. Andy, thank you for providing this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Rules:

1. 8u Fast pitch division added for National Championship play
This has been around for a while. Surprised it took this long for SoCal to get their way. But still think it is ridiculous.

Quote:

2. FP Catchers box changed to 7 feet back from the back of the batter's box
I proposed similar change a few years back but was laughed at

Quote:

4. Womens Open SP only needs uniforms with matching shirts with numbers
Thought it was ludicrous when they did it for the men.

Quote:
6. Several changes accepted relating to ADA...rules now allow for "reasonable" accommodations and for a hearing impaired player to have a sign language interpreter in the dugout
At who's expense?

Quote:
8. Time limits begin with the first warm up pitch
That gets them halfway to where is should be

Quote:

9. Addition of rule that nobody may have a weapon on the field or in the dugout. Some debate on how this will be applied vs local laws and regulations...more to come
Bullshit rule especially if LEO are playing and are required to have them available

Quote:

11. Womens FP players may use either on deck circle

12. All FP and modified...may only use on deck circle on opposite side if it places you behind the batter
Still trying to figure out how we survived so long without this rule. IMO, still ridiculous

Quote:

13. If SP Courtesy runner is on base when their turn at bat comes up, they are removed from base and an out is recorded
Already in the book.

Quote:

Procedure changes:

There was a proposal to add Local Associations UICs as voting council members...it was rejected
I proposed this before but with the caveat that the expense was that of the local association, not ASA. I hoped that caveat would get it by the council's financial concern.

Quote:
Code Changes:

Allow college players to play in the A or Gold level
Shocked they actually had the courage to step back to where it never should have left.

Quote:

All ASA/USA JO Nationals must be completed on the weekend of the last Saturday in July
Concession to the SouthEast, I assue

Quote:

Allow sales of alcohol at youth events
This is a shock, but I assume changed to accommodate HOF Stadium operations

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Mon Nov 21, 2016 at 01:31pm.