View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 16, 2016, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid

GIRLS ONLY-- Boys still have everything the same for everybody (which IMO is much easier than this girls' adaptation).

NFHS Basketball Rule 3-5 Team Member’s Equipment, Apparel
Modify Rule 3-5-3c to the following:
All sleeves/tights shall be the same solid color.
Modify Rule 3-5-4 to the following:
a. Anything worn in the hair (including headbands as shown in Figure “C” below) must be soft and
unadorned but may be any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates. The 2-inch
maximum width provision for headbands will be waived, and headbands with extensions as shown in
Figure “A” below will be permitted.
b. Protective soft headgear as shown in Figure “B” below will be permitted provided the headgear is not
abrasive, hard, or dangerous to any other player and which is attached in such a way it is highly unlikely it
will come off during play.
c. Bobby pins 2” or less will be allowed.
d. Wristbands may be any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates, but must be
made of moisture-absorbing material.
e. Silicone and rubber bracelets, rubber bands, bandanas, etc., are illegal as they are not moisture-absorbing
or appropriate for the game of basketball.
NFHS Basketball Rule 3-6 Logo/Trademark/Reference
Modify Rule 3-6-1 to the following:
One visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the compression shorts,
arm and leg compression sleeves, and wristbands. Multiple manufacturer’s logos/trademarks/references and/or
school logos/mascots are permitted on the headbands as shown in Figures “D” and “E” below

I can't tell you how much I hate this adaptation.

We also have some other mechanics allowed that I like-- two handed reporting, charge is the punch (so PC is same as TC now for our state).