Thread: Two videos
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 28, 2016, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
7-3-2b is not an added restriction. It provides an additional set of players that can take a forward hand off.

7-3-2a allows for a lineman to take a forward hand off, as long as the lineman has faced his end line and is at least 1 yard behind his line. There is no restriction as to which lineman can take the hand off under 7-3-2a.

7-3-2b does not create additional restrictions to 7-3-2a or otherwise modify it. It allows for an end to take a forward hand off without meeting the requirements of 7-3-2a.

For example, a tackle on the end of the line is eligible to take a forward hand off under 7-3-2b without restriction. A tackle with an end (tight or split) lined up on his side of the field, would only be able to take a forward hand off under the restrictions of 7-3-2a. In video, the player that took the hand off was not an end (I'm assuming the far side receiver was on the line as a split end) and was adjacent to the center, so 7-3-2b does not provide an avenue for him to take a hand off without meeting 7-3-2a. If that player is judged to meet those requirements, there is no foul.
Boomer, good clarification. Yes, I agree. I should have finished my sentence... a snapper and one adjacent to the snapper can take a hand off if they meet the requirements of 2a