View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 18, 2016, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Think about it...what are the odds that U is sure and correct at the same time where at least three others are incorrect?
How do you know they're incorrect? Maybe they just didn't see it or were watching others. Very unlikely in 7....unlikely but very possible in 5. Consider a 4 receiver pattern, 2 WR (one on each side), a slotback and a TE. Backside WR isn't really involved but will take the backside wing's attention. Slotback runs a post, getting the BJ's attention, other WR runs an out, with the other wing watching him. The WR and slot's job is to draw the DB's deeper to clear out the TE for a button hook. The BJ should get that too...but might not. The U probably won't...but might.

I'm not saying by any means that the U should be looking at it as a primary...but he very well could see that and needs to save the crew if he does and the others don't. I'm not talking about just a run of the mill PI, but rather the big, elephant PI that everyone except the wing and BJ saw - for whatever reason - with the stadium exploding, the kind that gets you on youtube. The 1 every 2 years or so kind of big, missed call (hopefully just that rare). SOMEONE has to get that, and the U may very well be in the best position.

Not all of us have the luxury of 7 man crews. And some unfortunate souls are still stuck with 4 man crews for varsity games. This blanket, I don't care if I see it, I'm not throwing it, is silly IMO.

Last edited by scrounge; Tue Oct 18, 2016 at 03:45pm.