View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 13, 2016, 01:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Some officials, even some on this forum, have the notion that coaches "deserve" an explanation after every call, normally under the guise of being "a good communicator." In a lot of cases, your mechanics communicate all that you need to communicate.
Most of my communication with coaches is not saying a thing, let alone saying something on every call. I think the old adage still works, "Silence cannot be misquoted." If I talk more, the more I can be misinterpreted. I find myself trying not to say much of anything when they ask a question initially. I had a coach that told my partner something that I had said and was clearly a lie, because he was trying to get favor by another official. Thank God the official knew better and said, "He did not say that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
The college philosophy, from what I hear, is moving away from talking to coaches as much. And that's a good thing IMO.
It is not quite to that extent in my experiences, but there is so much tape out there that it is not good when you are constantly talking to one coach and you are not talking to the other.

Peace