Thread: NBA 2-Man
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 07, 2016, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The one being implemented in my association (I doubt I'll work any 2-man) involves a lot of ball-side officiating using the FTLE as the line of demarcation as to who should be ball side. Also, the Trail always comes up the left side of the court (sideline is to his/her left) and the Lead always goes down the right side (sideline is to his/her right).

Correct. So that when you're facing what you're officiating, you're always on the left side of the court, unless of course you are the L working ball side. This means that sometimes T has to administer a throw in from the right side and then swing back over. Not a big deal from my experience unless you're old and slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Going ball side as lead in two man is vital. It's the only way to get good post coverage. It may lead to a few issues, but it solves far more issues than it causes.

I just don't get the Cadillac thing. I don't see any benefit there.

I agree that going ball side is not exclusive to Cadillac. In Cadillac, however, when L goes over, T moves above the top of the arc to cover the whole perimeter and the entire weak side. The view/angle of the weak side from up there is spectacular, discourages ball-watching, and makes it easier to trust your partner. The downside is that in a quick transition you'll be in the way and have to bolt the other way. Again, unless you're old and slow, the view that you get up there makes the occasional transition surprise a price worth paying. When L returns to home position, T just slides back left into a more traditional set.

Don't hate unless you've tried it! Watching it doesn't count; if you try it and then still hate it, we'll talk. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk