View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 06, 2016, 09:55am
Chain of Fools

Sounds right to me. The "anti's" in your crew, what did they propose as an alternative?

3-3 -ART. 3 . . . A period shall be extended by an untimed down if one of the following occurred during a down in which time expires:

a. There was a foul by either team and the penalty is accepted, except for those fouls listed in 3-3-4b.

I had a somewhat similar circumstance in my MS game yesterday. Visitors score TD with :05 to go in the 3rd. During the subsequent kickoff return, Home player (R49) holds near midfield as time expires during the free kick down.

K (visitor's) accepts the penalty so I have the U mark off 10 yds and give R, now A, an untimed down. HL shoots me a quizzical look as visitor HC starts stating the foul was on the defense (????). I went through it in my mind- live ball foul during a down where the period has expired, accepted penalty = untimed down. Once I explained it that way and told him he could decline the penalty and we'd move the ball back 10 yards to the end of the run he hushed.

My only issue in retrospect was not really offering K all the options available to them at the time.