View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 25, 2016, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
This association allows plate umpire to overrule judgment calls by base umpire when the coach appeals directly to the non-calling plate umpire. Been there, watched it. Helped out one time, and nearly had to eject a coach who insisted he had that right. Coach then goes to the tournament director who wants to know "since when can't he do that"?

Bring your A game, but the bozo without a clue overrules a clear judgment call? Isn't there a rule that says this cannot happen (ASA 10.3.A, equivalent exists in EVERY rulebook that exists). Or when the Tournament Director overrules the rulebook for the almighty dollar?? Returns ejected coaches to the same game because he's a "good guy" and apologized? I don't care whatever else you believe, but I won't stand for any culture that allows any of this. THEN, you can deal with the level of competition not challenging an umpire that wants to move up.
Ahh, great follow up Steve...I stand corrected on my interpretation when the context was the organization / admins / coaches...I was focused on the players skills getting the label.