View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 23, 2016, 10:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
Rut:

The system in SC is a mess. I've experienced it as a young official myself. In no way did SC Official imply that he is not responsible for his own improvement as an official, and I'm not sure where you got that from.
Never said it was not messed up or said I did not agree that it could not be messed up, but at the end of the day getting better falls on the individuals. Even here were we try to put people in positions to succeed, they choose to either not use the resources in front of them (or complain mostly that things are not easier, even though our system is more transparent and allows for more advancement). My point is that you can have whatever system in place and still no one is going to get me to go to more camps or attend more meetings or simply talk to veterans about what they do that helped them succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
You've gone off on a tangent that was not related to the intent of this thread. I was simply discussing some of what is going on in my state and how I disagree with some of our priorities and politicking.
Actually I am not on any tangent, I asked a question and you are getting defensive about it, which is fine. I just wondering what you think the state is going to do other than what they put out (and you posted) that will really make officiating better if officials decide not to take on getting better themselves? Because even if they put out mechanics emphasis, that is not going to make people use them if people do not apply what is stated. I say this from experience as we often tell people what they are supposed to do and many ignore the suggestions. Just like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but that is not going to make them drink."

Peace