View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 12, 2016, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
Had it 3 times yesterday in a JV game. QB actually threw it in the stands and yes he had a receiver on the SL but gee, give me a break. He threw it away to not get sacked. Coach came unglued.
Had this last week on a FRI night. Kid scrambles toward his own sideline, dumps it over entire bench and onto track behind team box, players, the whole smear......not a receiver within 20 yards. QB and asst. coach start coming unglued about being outside the pocket. (That's just the first one.)

Less than a minute to go in 2nd qtr., 4th and goal at opponent's 7, pass interference (kid was mugged) on DEF in the EZ. We go half the distance and replay 4th down. Coach calls timeout because he thinks we have erred....wonders why the ball is not at the 1 YL and ALSO says it should be a first down. (That's #2....and #3 if you have the chalk in hand.)

It has always been my understanding that at least for the last decade of the 2 plus decades I've been doing this that HCs at the varsity level are required to take the same test we are. There is no way....no way, that this is happening...(In my best Buford T. Justice voice)