View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 09, 2016, 05:19pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

Unfortunately it's not my job to make sure everyone is happy. Heck in every association I have been in 90-95% of the guys think they are varsity officials. I also understand there are only so many slices of the pie and I am fine with it. If you want to work 40-50 HS games good for you, I'm happy with my 20 or so HS games and 10 or so college games. If I get more great, if I get a few less I'm fine with it. In the end this doesn't pay my bills.

If officiating is your primary source of income that's fine, but I know the hustle it takes between multiple sports for that to work. That's primarily not my concern.
Even though you went way off into left field with the subject matter I'll still respond. I worked 38 high school games last year and 27 college games (most ever for me). The most high school games I've ever worked was maybe 45 and that's being generous. I've never worked a whole bunch of games during the week because I started off as a single parent doing this.

Your last comment about officiating not paying your bills is counterintuitive to your point about you needing every single dollar that you can get when you officiate.

We as a body decided we would rather have more officials working. It worked for us as a group, and we were not really concerned that the it might bother some Anonymous dude on the internet.

Not sure where all the clutter came from about this being a full-time gig, or paying all my bills, or not being my job to make somebody else happy. Had absolutely nothing to do with the quote or the context of this conversation. I have a full-time job and already have a pension for life.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Sep 09, 2016 at 05:26pm.