View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 12, 2003, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
Not to belabor the point, but you offered the link to the Tyrone Thunder Baseball Club. I couldn't help but notice the following on that site:

Quote:
We currently accept team members from Tyrone, Fayetteville, Peachtree City and other cities in Fayette, Coweta, Clayton, and Cobb Counties, Georgia
Some of that area is covered by Georgia Little League District 4. Peachtree City alone has two separate Little Leagues, an American and a National. There's also a South Coweta and a West Coweta Little League to go with the Senoia Area Little League that covers all of Coweta County. So far, I've found more than 5 different Little Leagues and 2 Little League Districts that the Tyrone Thunder Baseball Club draws from. Any team with such a large area to draw from should embarass any one of those leagues. You simply cannnot draw comparisons at all between the two.

I understand you wish to see the stacked baseball clubs of USSSA and AABC go at it in the national spotlight. The sole reason you won't anytime soon is that they do not have anywhere near the number of worldwide participants that Little League has. That large number of participants adds up to bigtime ratings. so that's why we see all the regionals and all the LLWS games televised.