View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 12, 2003, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
I took specific issue with this statement by you -

Quote:
My son’s team has played in AABC and USSSA leagues for years and I have seen some teams that would embarrass the best Little League All Star teams.
It's just a silly thing to say. In my neck of the woods, there isn't another choice for youth league baseball at 12-years-old other than Little League. I have a hard time believing your 12-year-olds would embarass our 12-year-olds simply because of which National organization sanctions them. However, they might embarass them because your national organization has absolutely no regulations covering the area from which players are drawn.

I'm not painting any pictures. I'm merely speaking the truth. Neither AABC nor USSSA have national regulations limiting the area from which players can be drawn. Little League does. The difference on the field should be obvious to a buffoon.

If your USSSA and AABC have superior ball-playing 11- and 12-year-olds, I'd like to know what you're feeding them. Because it ain't the national sanctioning body that makes that difference.