View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 12, 2003, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Question I'm not putting down LL

I understand the limitation LL uses; I played LL as a kid. My original comment was “I'd like to see some of the other leagues on TV.” I like to even was minor leagues. I'm just a baseball junkie.

I know what you mean by stacked teams. The biggest one I’ve ever encountered was the Woolsey Yankees. They are, or should I say were, a team that had a sponsor and/or coach who was a millionaire. They were out of a small town south of Atlanta Georgia. It is my understanding that they had kids from Texas, Oklahoma and Tennessee, who were flown in for major tournaments. The kid from Texas was supposed to have won some kind of home run title for the country. I tell you one thing, that boy could hit. In one of our game against them he hit a ball out of the field, over the concession stand and into the field up the hill from ours, easily 375 feet and probably closer to 400.

Please be careful about painting all of the AABC and USSSA team as stacked teams, most could qualify for LL. To the best of my knowledge all of the teams currently in our league are made up of kids from the same school, city, or as in our case a very small town (we have one four way stop).