View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 06, 2016, 12:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
It's covered. Look at Cameron's example. The throw in is not required to be given every time a T is called. Another example, T as time expires for 1st quarter. shoot the FTs but the throw in does not carry over to 2nd qtr. Fouls are penalized in the order they occur. In this OP the T happened first so those FTs are shot first. Then all players are on the line for the shooting foul. That is penalizing them in the order they occurred.
If it is covered, then we have a reference directly speaking to this situation. There are many rules that have holes in them and we talk about on this site. This would not be the first rule that has this issue, nor the last. Cameron's example is also not official or coming from the body that created the rules. I am saying that this clearly is a whole in the rules and no one in the rules does it say to ignore a portion of the penalty in this or any case. And the situations is very unusual as there are other plays that even tell us to wait to call a T until the play has finished. So there are some contradictions here. And I stand by my position because I feel that giving the ball to the FT shooter of the foul last is not what is the purpose and intent of the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Frankly, it wouldn't be a bad idea if they said penalize the T last (even if it happened first as in OP) for reasons you've mentioned (Ts are deemed worse) but they havnt said it. The only thing they have said in rules is penalize all fouls in order they occurred. T is a foul. thx
The fundamental does not say, "Ignore the part of the penalty because it did not take place first...." The only issue IMO would be which order we shoot the FTs. But again, it is an interesting play and could change my position if I have more than "opinions" from random people on this topic. Right now we are just sharing our personal opinions. Great on some level, but might not be what those in power want or even care about honestly.

Peace