View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 05, 2016, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I am sorry, but unless you have a case play that suggests what you are saying, all that I read into this is you shoot in the order which is part of the administration. The T is a big penalty for a reason and unless I see something specific that suggests that "administering" is all about who gets the ball over a T, then I might go along with that position. I just do not agree that it is that cut and dry, but more so speculation with a very unusual situation that does not seem to be covered. I do not know many situations where you would have a T first followed by another action that has to be called but maybe this situation other than another technical foul. Most case plays use examples of clear one before the other and this is not exactly the case.

Again, I was not talking about NCAA because those are handled differently almost entirely. So I do not want to muddy the waters with NCAA rules at this time as even both of those codes handle some situations differently for some reason.

Peace
I certainly do agree that it would be rare to have a T and the ball remain live and then have a shooting foul on same team etc. I guess I just go back to the basic principles. penalize fouls in the order they occurred. That is really the only statement in the rules that might cover this at this time.

I only mentioned the NCAA rules because that is the only place i know (contact dead ball T) where you might not penalize fouls in the order they occurred.

We will agree to disagree on this one.