View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 05, 2016, 11:22am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
The shooter was in the act. The whistle for B1 T stops the clock but, because shooter A1 was in the act, the ball remains live. Continuous motion. Fouls are always penalized in the order which they occurred in NFHS. The fact that the first foul here happens to be a T doesn't change that. If you give A the ball out of bounds at division line you are in effect, penalizing the T last. Not in the order they occurred.
Case play reference or not?

The rule to my understanding says you shoot the FTs in the order they took place. I have never read anything that suggests you do not administer a T any differently because you have a shooting foul or other foul. Actually you would not have other fouls in almost every case because a T would make the play dead and unless the later action is intentional or flagrant in nature (contact wise). So unless I see a case play on this or interpretation from somewhere, I am not buying that you ignore the one of the biggest parts of the technical administration and not give the ball to the offended team at the division line. Because if you shoot the FTs after the Ts, you are administering that with a POI action which is not what the rule says at the NF level for any T.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Jul 05, 2016 at 11:27am.