View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 28, 2016, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Just smile and keep going until they cross the line, and then you dump those who need to go. I enjoy the clowns at a circus, why would this be any different. The big smile will irritate them more than anything else.
I can't disagree with anything you said. I really like the clowns analogy because that is what some of the wRECk league teams (bad and in denial) are. The only time I ever tossed a player from an adult softball game was over a non-advancement to second base call. The opposing runner ran through first, stay right on the line and walked back to the base. The first baseman , acting on orders from the "player-manager" in the dugout (who was in the there because he sucked to bad to even play on a terrible team), tagged the runner returning to first. I ruled safe-no attempt to advance. This guy goes ape crap bananas dropping F-bombs and some words I never heard before. His clown show would have made the grenade throwing baseball manager look tame. Eventually his team mates got him off the field. Some of them even cheered as he left the field. He thought they were cheering his show, when in reality they were cheering the fact he was gone from the field for a couple weeks (due to ejection related suspension).