View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 24, 2016, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

There are teams that are good. There are teams that are bad and know it. There are teams that are bad and are in denial. The third group will give you twice the problems as the first two.

Your experience is similar to most of the umpires on the board. You'll hear more complaining that the umpires are f***ing a team from Group 3. They are so happy to properly field a ball and make a throw and catch on a bang-bang play that they feel slighted when it doesn't go their way. Never mind the 7 errors that inning...they can't blame those on anyone else.

The answer is firm game management, an extra dose of professionalism, and a short leash. Snappy comebacks feel good, but are best reserved for this forum and privately with your partner in postgame.

I hear you though....I called a high(ish) strike at the nipples last weekend and the coach wanted to complain between innings. He said "No way that's in the strike zone, blue, you need to look at the book." I wanted to say "Book says the top of the zone is the armpits, do you really think that was above her armpits?" ... but I did not. I just warned him that he'd said enough. That team got beat 15-2 and went home.