View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 20, 2016, 08:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
In Chicago, unlike many other areas, we don't have to work both men's and women's. Some people choose to work both sides, most do not. JRut works boy's basketball. The coach you interacted with most likely has never had JRut work one of his games, and probably doesn't even know who he is. Having seen a few women's games, on the rare occasion they play before a boy's game, I would not be surprised if the coach's statement isn't true.
That is probably very true. I have not worked but one girls game in the last two seasons and did so in a tournament as a complete favor to one of my favorite assignors who has supported me for years and assigns both girls and boys basketball in his conference. Even during the summer there are rarely any girls games to work.

Also the coaches do not very often hear anything we say to the players anyway.

I do not think people also realize that Chicago is a very big place. We have so many teams that never see officials at all, so what I do does not even resonate to everyone one way or the other. Secondly, I doubt a coach even knows what officials say to their players most of the time. We all have lines that work for us. I also tell players, "Stay there" on the sideline. Does not mean they feel they cannot move there either?

It is the coaches and players responsibility to know the rules they are dealing with just like other things we do not even reference to them at all.

Peace