View Single Post
Old Sat May 28, 2016, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
Plantar fasciitis (say "PLAN-ter fash-ee-EYE-tus") is the most common cause of heel pain. The plantar fascia is the flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed).

That's what it sounds like...take it from an umpire that got that condition last season. It took a year to finally get over it.

My solution were some shoe inserts that lifts the heel. Purchased several sets and put them in all my shoes. I was able to work games last year because of the inserts.

I still wear the inserts...don't want the condition to come back.
+1

Find a Walmart or other local store with the Dr. Scholls machine that diagnoses the best generic insert, cost about $60 per set. Hundreds of dollars cheaper than going to a podiatrist who will have custom made inserts made.

Agree with Larry (DNTXUM P), too; google on line for the appropriate stretching exercises for plantar fasciatis. The combination of inserts and exercises has saved me massive amounts of pain and limited mobility over the years.