View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2016, 02:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltllng View Post
If you don't believe that this year has been more inconsistent in key situations, then that is your view and I respect that, but watch the eyes of the officials in the plays and you can see what they are looking at.

Our job as officials is to be consistent as the rules state. We will make mistakes and miss calls, be out of position, mess up, etc. That is part of the game. How we improve upon those mistakes is how we improve to make the game better.
Like was said before, this play was not about consistency as it is the only play we saw. Now if you saw the rest of the game that is fine, but this play in question was the only one most of us here likely saw. Also I doubt there were many other plays like it in the game considering it is alley-oop.

Another problem with your comments is that you talk about consistency with the rules, but you do not talk about the rules that actually apply here. The defender was not in a LGP by jumping towards a airborne shooter or player. I do not know what consistency has to do with this play as this is a foul most of the time and if it is not, then there better be an explanation. I also do not know what has happen this year that consistency is so much down.

Peace