View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2016, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
Only time around here you work with random partners is subvarsity or playoffs. Most varsity games are assigned to crews as most schools here have the AD get officials and its easier to hire a crew than to individually hire each official.
State has three major assigners that do the majority of everything. They also are the ones who have most say in who gets the big playoff games. If that's how your system works then there's nothing you can do about it, but I think it hurts officials growth(in one aspect of the game, albeit to some not important).

In the playoffs I'd say the most difficult part is getting crews on the same page. Most of the time everything goes smoothly, but there are games where 50% of my effort tries to go into getting the crew on the same page instead of just enjoying what I'm doing. Almost every time, it's because there's an official there that doesn't know how to mold to a crew outside of their buddies they've been officiating with all season. Don't get me wrong, at that level every official is good in their own right, but I want the game to run smoothly. When you start out with Betsy calling dink fouls and Robert letting flagrants go it's irritating.