View Single Post
Old Mon May 16, 2016, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Slick View Post
Off the top of my head, here are two plays that my state high school association has ruled as unsportsmanlike:

Play 1: With less than two outs and a runner on base, the BR is retired at first on a force play. The defense, in a planned manner, runs off the field as if it was the third out, including F3 rolling the ball into the circle. The runner on base, then tries to advance, only to have the defense ready with a player designated to be at the appropriate base and other one to pick up the ball.

Play 2: Runner on first steals on the pitch. The catcher, with no chance to throw her out, throws the ball high into the air in the area of F4, mimicking a pop fly. F4 then shouts "I've got it, I've got it" deceiving the runner into thinking the ball has been hit.
Two great plays that are no more unsportsmanlike than wearing metal cleats/spikes. Just another "Pissed off coach whose team got caught off guard" rule that administrative personnel are duped into enacting.