View Single Post
Old Sat May 14, 2016, 10:39pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Guys like this normally manage to piss off the wrong person and realize their mistake within a few seasons. Normally it takes getting dropped from an officials list / assigner for them to realize the errors of their ways.

I worked with a guy who is on a lot of schools do not assign list. Prior to using an assigner in the sports he works, he would regularly pull the double book, then take the higher paying assignment crap. He would get a replacement for himself when possible. He got bit several times however because he could not a replacement for himself, which did not go over well.

One other thing that officials like this need to realize. Assigners talk, and AD's talk. If an assigner is having trouble with an official, word gets around.
I assign. When someone gets off a game and I get "the feeling", I email a bunch of the other local assigners and ask if they've assigned the person to a game. I've caught 2 or 3 out like that over the last 2 years.

But the best one was when a guy dumped one of my games (cause he had something important come up) and showed up on the news highlights working another game, which I caught while at the bar after working a game myself. That person hasn't worked a game for me since.