View Single Post
Old Wed May 11, 2016, 10:24pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Commonwealth Of Virginia ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
Lynchburg is not centrally located TO THE MAJORITY OF SCHOOLS IN THE VHSL. Even though it may be an hour or so away from being geographically central, the majority of schools in VHSL are from Northern VA, Central VA, and Tidewater. Lynchburg is not centrally located to them.
I've only been to Virginia once (Richmond, and I loved it, why is everybody so polite?), which is why I pulled up the map. VaTerp seems to be talking about the centerpoint of the region's population, which in Virgina, is located in Goochland County outside of Richmond.

As a former scholastic basketball coach, I'm more concerned about travel distances for players, parents, and fans of a particular school, so I was talking about the geographic center of Virginia, halfway between Richmond and Lynchburg.

If the kids from Bristol High School make the finals, I'm sure that they would much prefer a bus trip to the geographic center of Virginia rather than to the population center.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed May 11, 2016 at 10:28pm.