Thread: Pebble Watch
View Single Post
Old Mon May 09, 2016, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

I just bought the Pebble watch and it arrived today. I also officiate soccer and I'm going to try it out in the game tomorrow.

The football timing application is great. It's by far the best play clock timer that I've ever seen. It vibrates at 15 seconds, 10 seconds, 5 seconds, and at zero. It does a different vibration pattern each time so I guess you will eventually get used to telling them apart.

If you press the play clock button again the clock resets. There is no need to do several button presses in case you need to reset it before the clock has run all the way down and rest itself.

On top of all that it also has the game clock on the same screen. The bottom button stops and starts the game clock while the top button controls the play clock. If the game clock is stopped you can even add time back on to the clock.

I woudn't worry about battery life with the Pebble watches. The screen E-ink, which is the kind of screen that a Kindle uses. It's not a normal touchscreen like you would find on Android Wear or an Apple Watch. This allows it to have a battery life of 6 or 7 days.

I am concerned that the application could crash though. I'm actually going to use the football application in my soccer game tomorrow. I like it better than the soccer timers that I have tried.