View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2016, 10:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I'm not talking about Naperville, IL, I'm talking about the entire country. Those are the largest youth baseball organizations from coast to coast. Regardless it was simply an example to refute something you were claiming that wasn't true.
I rarely if ever work a game in Naperville, Illinois. Nothing I was talking about has anything to do with the town I live in. And I do not do baseball anymore and I never did a couple of the organizations games as you listed. I can only speak for what I know and what I did. I also did high school baseball in Iowa and those leagues you mentioned were not as big of an influence in youth baseball because those kids played high school during the summer.

Quote:
As am I and from somebody that has a pretty unique experience in this topic. My only point was that a lot of the things claimed about lower levels playing under NCAA rules are not true. I've experienced it firsthand. That's it.

And since I have to seemingly say it over and over again, I'm not advocating and I'm not saying it even makes sense for other states to change. It just wouldn't be the end of the known world if they did.
I was just giving a perspective. Take it or leave it. Again, the NF is not doing something either way based on what we talk about here.

Quote:
Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
There are a lot of things that help me sleep at night and it does not involve talking to a dude on an internet site. But thanks for the concern.

Quote:
I'm fine. Not heated or being sensitive at all. It's not too much to ask that my posts actually be understood though. Of course it's a discussion otherwise I wouldn't be engaging in it. And then whose posts would you only partially read?
For something to be understood it falls on you first. I was just commenting on the topic and not trying to make it conversation. But I have seen this movie before where people from Texas claim that everything they do is so great and everyone else should follow because it is not a problem there. Again, just giving a perspective of why that might not work for everyone. I also played football in Texas for a brief time and had another family member play there and get a D1 scholarship. I am very aware of how different Texas approaches youth football and other sports to where I have lived and officiated. Unless it has drastically changed, those issues would not go away.

Peace