View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2016, 07:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post

Look I've been very clear that I'm not advocating this for other states but it works just fine in Texas and I presume also Massachusetts. Most of the concerns I've seen raised simply are unfounded.
You are advocating for something that does not even translate to other states. For one, not all states take football the way they do in Texas. We do not have spring football. You cannot play other schools during the off-season in any way. Heck they just got rid of contact for the most part during the summer, which was not traditionally allowed anyway during the summers. So I get why you would think what Texas does should apply to others, but I am just saying it is not taking that seriously in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Sure you do. Youth baseball. Most leagues use an OBR based rule set.
Not true here or has not always been the case. Many leagues used FED rules for their travel leagues as an example or they would use a hybrid of the FED rule with some other modified rules. And in other sports like Basketball, Soccer or even Volleyball do not use NCAA rules or pro rules to govern their sports across the board. Softball when I was doing it at the youth level never used NCAA rules. I am also not saying that levels did not use variations of rules, I am saying that NCAA rules were not used because it was not appropriate to the younger levels. It is great that Texas wants to be different (what else is new ) but that does not mean the other states are trying to follow, that is really all I am saying. And if football is the main sport this even applies, what makes you think the NF is just going to give up rules for one sport? Not going to happen.

Peace