View Single Post
Old Mon May 02, 2016, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
ASA changed the wording slightly of 8-7-N (I think "N"... don't have a book with me at the moment; it's the rule regarding a retired/scored runner continuing to run & drawing a throw, etc.) to say that the rule does not apply to a batter "entitled" to run on a D3K (to which I say, "Duh"... since such a batter is now a BR and is NOT retired, but that is not my point of the question)... it used to say merely that it did not apply to a runner running on the D3K rule.

So, now we have the word "entitled" in there (added last year? year before? I forget.)

Is this a change in interpretation?

If a batter strikes out and just takes off for 1B and F2 throws to F3, allowing R1 to steal a base, this was always DMC, and not ruled as interference.

Is it now interference?
Added in 2012 as house keeping, not a rule change. My guess is someone in the staff was assigned to update some of the wording of the rules and thought "entitled" would help make the rule sound "more" correct.

To the best of my knowledge, there has been no change in interpretation