View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 23, 2016, 12:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Well why not? Then everyone would get to enjoy hearing high school coaches tell you "Come on that's a college rule!"

"Yes, exactly coach."
Well unless we play NFL rules, we would hear so from of that anyway. College rules are often not even understood by college coaches and even college coaches try to argue with officials about rules that do not apply to the NCAA but to NF. I had several situations where a coach wanted us to apply a high school rule to a college game. It is kind of funny when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Though I didn't understand why Texas football had to be so special as to not follow the rules that every other high school sport in the state did, I did not mind that we called under NCAA rules. I think it is the better ruleset but I'm also not about to advocate that other states adopt it.
Well again that is a subjective point of view. It is different, but better? Well not sure I agree with that point of view. Again there are so many exception to things where NF is straight forward. Now you can say some things make no sense, but at least there are not the amount of exceptions that you have to know. And officials screw them up at the college level often and I do not think I want have brand newer officials messing up simple applications the way experienced officials have issues doing at the college level.

Peace