View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 19, 2016, 07:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
A lot of NCAA guys have moved on due to the lack of NCAA rules discussion. Not a criticism, per se, but an observation.

Another reason I wish states would drop Fed football rules and use NCAA. So much better code and officials moving up no longer have to worry about 2 different sets of rules and penalty enforcements.
Not going to happen. Everyone is not like Texas when it comes to football. Some states hardly care. It is basketball most of the year and football only is a concern for those schools that really care. So I do not see any push for NCAA rules when it only is a focus at the high school level for such a short period of the year. I doubt my state would ever consider this seriously. And all other sports are NF, why have a solution where there is no problem?

Let me also add, I do both codes and NF are much easier to navigate. NCAA has exceptions to everything and you have to know the rules and the exceptions to the rules. NF rules are straight-forward. This happens, this is the application. NCAA is more like, "This happens, but we might do this if this happens and we might do that, if that happens."

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Wed Apr 20, 2016 at 01:36am.