View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2016, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ1960 View Post
Early in a Varsity contest. Bang bang play at first. Coach politely asks me to talk to my partner and our Association policy is to get together (even if just to pacify the coach). I go to my veteran partner and ask him if I blew the call. Short answer--"Yes" ... I ask if he is 100% certain... same answer.

What would you do?
First, that is not the question I would have asked.

Second, getting together just because the coach does not like the call is a bad policy.

Were YOU sure of the call? Did you have a good look? Were you in position and set?

It is your judgement call and the coach does not get to shop the crew for a judgement he likes.

Ask the coach if he saw something that you might have missed (e.g. pulled foot, etc.)

If so, ask your partner if he saw the same thing (pulled foot).

If the coach merely thinks his player was safe (for example) because he disagrees with your judgement, and your association requires you to get together to placate the coach, and you were on top of the call and made it according to your judgment, then have your show-conference, but tell your partner you had the call and unless he saw something specific, you are sticking with it. If your partner is the veteran you say he is, he will understand.