Thread: Base Shoes
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2016, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
If you are serious about the umpiring, and working above the youth level (and maybe even then), do not use metal cleats. Do not use golf shoes.

Check out any of the official supply places. I personally use the NB (whatever the model was last year). I have used rebok in the past, but they don't fit me as well.
Actually, I'm really looking for shoes to referee soccer; I would have asked in the soccer forum, but that place is dead.

Working the bases in baseball, I wear NB shoes, but they are too heavy for all the running I do on a soccer pitch. I have the benefit of having a local sports official store, where I looked at 3N2 shoes, but they also are too heavy. Golf shoes have become more "sneaker-like" and no longer have metal cleats, and that's why I thought the suggestion interesting.

There is a new version of the NB field/turf shoe, MU950V2, and the customer rep at ump-attire said that they are lighter than the old version (which I've been using); since they are available in EE and 4E, I'll probably try that.