View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 07, 2016, 02:38am
Official Forum Member

Compression Sleeves

I have a few questions that I need to help with.

NFHS Rules

Had a game last night and some of the players for the visiting team had on compression sleeve and some did not. Additionally some were blue/white/black in a digital pattern and some where pink/white/black. Players only had them on one arm.

They also had on different color stockings, one blue, one white.

Half the team was wearing their home cap, the other half wearing their away cap.

Most had on eye-black. Most had it applied normally, but some had it on and it slanted down over their cheeks in a "War Paint" fashion.

What is the ruling on compression sleeves?

Are compression sleeve allowed for players other than the pitcher and if so, what color must they be and are they required to wear two the same length?

I know 1-4-1 states that uniforms should be same color and style.
1-4-2 sleeve lengths may vary, but each individual player shall be approx the same length. Also that pitchers can wear black or solid dark color but can't find anything about other players.

What is the ruling on the eye-black?

I think I recall that in the past, this was addressed, but may be mistaken. I know its covered in other NFHS sports such as basketball and volleyball.

For the stocking and cap, I told the coach that I would allow for this game, but not in the future and I have them for 2 games this weekend.

Once I get clarification on this, I will share with our other umpires to ensure that everyone is aware so we can watch this team to mitigate future infractions of this nature.

Mark