View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 03, 2016, 10:10am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Ok, not much to talk about so far. Relatively easy game to officiate thus far. Crew is doing well. Tom Eades almost got run over once going T to L while curling in at the endline. Glad that didn't happen.

So given the relative lack of anything to talk about in the officiating world, would anyone like to talk about the other thing I noticed in the first half, namely the glare on the court caused by the wrap-around scoreboard lights? I haven't noticed it as much in the beginning of the second half, so I'm wondering if it was a TV camera lens issue, or the court lighting was adjusted, or perhaps the high-gloss finish on the floor is becoming more dull?

I'm thinking they increased the court lighting and dimmed the wrap-around boards.

You'd think they would test this during shoot-arounds in the day or so leading up to the games.
There's an article on CBS Sports this morning about it.
LOOK: Reflections on the Final Four floor had fans' rods and cones in fits - CBSSports.com

I was actually in attendance last night and didn't notice it. Must of been the camera angles.