View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 31, 2016, 07:56am
Official Forum Member

My last attempt - thankfully you will say

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgc99 View Post
1) This is in the mechanics manual as others have pointed out. The mechanics manual tells us exactly what to do. If it is a block because the player is in the restricted area, point. This means you only point if it is a block because of the RA. The second point in the mechanics manual says, if it is judged a block solely due to the contact (regardless of location on the floor), you do not point.
Exactly what I am saying. I am going to put this in simple terms. Let's just take the bang bang play in the RA. I know it is in the RA and the tape will show it is in the RA - no question it is in the RA. - no partners will have to come in - they may actually reinforce that the play was in the RA. When I make the block call, due to it being in the RA, and point to the RA, I am saying, this play is a block because of where it happened. It does not indicate whether I thought it would have been a block or charge without the RA. There is no judgment to be questioned on the B/C, just on the location of the play. The coach then knows why this call is a block when the last call down the court was a charge on similar contact. It all gets back to communication - everybody knows what was called and why.

You all are saying that I can only point to the RA if I had made the decision it was a PC. I don't read it that way and will point to the RA in this situation unless my supervisors tell me otherwise.

If that is calculus, so be it.