View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 28, 2016, 12:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
Ok. Let's break this down:

Now several others and you have said it is called and doesn't happen a lot.

It can't be both. It's either called or not. My take was on your post that others not calling it is why you have moved up and gotten better games. Just sounded very snide the way your post came off.
I have seen this called several times. Now does that mean plays like this happen "a lot" as you suggested, that would be overstated IMO. But when I have seen players jump on top go guys or displace them in a scrum, I have seen fouls called on "similar" plays. I rarely see nothing called in these situations.

Yes there was a time we just kind of allowed players to do all kinds of things during a loose ball, but since there have been a lot of video and access to the NCAA sharing their positions, those days are gone. No more VHS tape that you only saw at and NCAA meeting. I would even bet that this play comes up in the NCAA video in the future as an example of a foul that should be called. Just because people did not call it, does not make it right. A lot of officials would pass on obvious "intentional" or "flagrant" fouls, but now it is expected we call more of these in this day and age. With all this focus on head injuries and other dangerous play situations, I think we are in a different era than we once were.

Peace