Thread: why cant.......
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 08, 2003, 07:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation PC has just run crazy!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper
Good night, Rut! Do you have to be a wet blanket on every post. If she wants to try out, she should give it a shot. There are a lot of guys that try out every year that don't have any business being on the field. She should try and figure out how the sport works for her. If it doesn't, she knows.
Do you have to overract on every post I make!!! If a girl wants to try out for the stupid football team, then try the hell out!!! But I do not know too many girls running or falling at the chance to play football. Ya think their parents, just might, just might have a say in this? Ya think you do not have too many Moms and Dads throwing the pigskin around out back. I know little boys that do not want to play any sports, but their parents want them to, so they play them. I wonder how many little boys are pushed into ballet or ice skating?

Hell the parents of girls in basketball (which is a contact sport) act totally different when little Jennifer gets knocked down as related to their son. But then again, we can all dream that some traditional gender roles do not apply.

I am also going to assume that when she said "everyone," she meant her parents or guardians as well. If they do not want her or allow her to play, she will not play. Schools or organizations are not going to just allow a kid to play without proper consent. Maybe she will shed light on this if that really true or not.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Aug 8th, 2003 at 07:56 PM]