View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 20, 2016, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I'm still asking, do you have credible knowledge that this is the reason Breeding is an alternate instead of being on the floor?

If so, maybe it was his grade for the entirety of his work, not just a single blarge call. I was critical of his effort in the First Four game, so it's not like I'm saying it is not possible. But your post makes it seem as if you know that he was sat down b/c of a blarge call in his game.
Yes; I stand by the information as directly credible. The site committee had issues with either the call or the adjudication of the penalty; I have not seen this play and would like to see a clip of it in it's entirety.

As for the "entirety of his work", if I recall correctly, Breeding was involved in another type of "blarge" play in the Play-In game at Dayton, Vanderbilt vs Wichita St.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
11:27 first half, blarge of sorts. Lead official signals off-ball post foul on defender, Slot ships it.
IMO, having 2 "blarges" in 2 separate games is not a good thing when working the NCAA tournament and hoping to advance. I happen to think Breeding is a very good official who has excellent call selection. Sometimes we as officials have a difficult stretch of calls and he happened to do it on a very big stage with many scrutinizing eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yes, put up or shut up, please.

Do you have inside information or not?
How would I exactly do that? Would you like me to tell you how I know what took place? Reveal the source?

I stand by the history of my posts as being accurate, respectful, and non-combative.