View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 12, 2016, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Sounds like a dude who didn't get any/enough GLVC assignments.
I worked for Zetcher, not Pollard, got hired my second summer of camps, worked a few years and got a good conference schedule, and did just fine, thanks, but my priorities changed. I'd rather coach and actually play than officiate at this point.

Besides, the application of the rules changes would drive me crazy. I don't think officials are giving the defense enough credit for positional defense, and punishing them more than the offense for any contact between the 2. If a defender is there and giving ground or not closing the gap with the dribbler, don't call a foul on the defense.

Particularly at the high school level in my area, I see games where there are 60 and more fouls called. It is absolutely ridiculous and a result of administrators telling guys to blow the whistle, blow the whistle. Ruins many games.

I am find with the rule changes, understand the rationale, but I don't think officials properly implement them because they forget the ballhandlers are many times like running backs, lowering their shoulders, quick and tremendous athletes.

There was nothing Pollard could have seen that made it an incorrect judgment call, he either forgot or doesn't know the rule. I just found it noteworthy given this discussion.