View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2016, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Perhaps there are other personal motivations that you can find, to allow you to enjoy officiating, rather than only the goal of being highly ranked, and receiving assignments on bigger, more prestigious games.

In recent seasons, I have shifted my personal motivation even more to mentoring, and training, less experienced officials. Our assignors, at my request, have been very willing to give me a mix of higher profile games, and games with newer officials, so that I can mentor them, and work directly with them. It has been very rewarding, to me, and very helpful to those newer officials. And, it has given our assignors better information regarding the progress of our newer officials.

With time available, before your next season begins, be even more diligent in your preparation. Be in the best condition of your career. Study your mechanics, your presentation, and all aspects of your game. If at all possible, see yourself on video, and find a trusted friend who can view and critique your performance. Be super ready and able to continue to officiate. By doing so, the choice will be yours, rather than having it forced upon you.
Best wishes.

Last edited by Rob1968; Thu Mar 10, 2016 at 10:35am.