View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2016, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I checked bbstate (website is down), ESPN.com (didn't have box score) and the Green Bay and Valparaiso athletic department websites (officials were not listed in box score) and found absolutely zilch on who these guys were. I smell a coverup.
Pat Adams was the official who went to the table and mimicked the gestures that the radio announcer did and had him removed. Doug Sirmons was also on the game. Mike Roberts was the third. The names are listed in the video at the link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoInZebra View Post
The radio guy was the only guy Green Bay had - so it was radio silence. The commissioner checked with the coordinator and decided it was in best interest to let him back with the coordinator as chaperone for a little bit to make sure he behaved. The league media guy was involved too. The announcer has a history of being a good citizen.
The article which I read stated that a broadcaster from another school (Oakland) jumped in for him while he was gone. There is no reason that he couldn't have finished the contest. The incident occurred with 12:29 remaining in the 2nd half and the game went to OT.
This Play-By-Play Announcer Was Ejected After Arguing With A Ref