View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2016, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

1) After watching the replay, the defender is still moving into the shooting when contact occurs, so I guess by rule the call is correct. That said, in real time, I would have passed on this as the contact appeared to be initiated by the offensive player.

2. Given that he was looking there (which seemed odd but I know college may be different), it's a good call as the player does take a shot to the face. Good mechanics also to communicate what happened.

3. Seems like the official was already on alert for something here -- probably not the first time in this game that player had done something to catch the officials attention. Good call. Assuming the coach isn't out of the floor making a scene, I'd tend do do what the officials here did and ignore him while the free throws are occurring. At least from the video it doesn't look like anything that can't be ignored from the coach.

4. The official called the foul on the initial contact, which was before the shot.

5. In real time, it didn't appear the defender did anything wrong. However, on replay, the defender's left hand goes into the body of the player and may have contacted the shooters arm as well. The offensive player also pushes off, but the official would have had a good angle to see the defender's left hand so I assume that was what was called.