Thread: OBS past HP
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 06, 2016, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Agreed. I was trying not to add elements to the situation. A runner can always attempt to return to a missed base while the ball remains live.
Not true. A player may return to touch missed bases during a dead ball.

Quote:
The ugly part that I would need clarification/help on from the book is this: What happens when the OBS runner is put out, and the play is dead? The runner may no longer return to touch a missed base beyond the one they have passed, but we award the bases per the OBS rule. Those bases are supposed to be ran legally. So far; so good.
Again, not true, the OBS runner must be given the opportunity to complete his/her running tasks prior to the umpire accepting an appeal or awarding bases.

Quote:
If we award a base (in this case, home), and the missed base is not touched on the award (say the runner simply goes to the dugout), can the defense make a dead-ball appeal for an out before the next pitch? I think they can.
See above and yes, then the appeal is accepted and ruled on by the umpire in the case above.