View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2016, 01:21pm
Stubborn Member

As for working with the same people or crew, I find that oftentimes I'm more "with it" when working with different people. That's not to say I'm lazy when working with my crew, but when I'm working with other people I don't know how good or bad they are. For example, I pay more attention to making sure my mechanics are 100% so our communication is as good as possible.

As for how playoffs are assigned in central Ohio (other parts of Ohio may be different... I don't know) voting is done by each local association. My association has around 400 members, and each of them can vote for as many officials as possible for the boys and/or girls playoffs. I believe each association gets to send a certain percentage of their members to the playoffs, so the larger your association the smaller your chances of getting in. I can't remember for sure, but I believe votes are weighted based on how long the voting member has been certified.

Once you are voted in, I don't know how it's determined how many games or how far into the playoffs you officiate. But it seems to be up to whoever assigns the games. Like, they can pick from the pool of officials that got voted in.