View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2016, 12:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

In our state they rotate us around a lot. And it is said that we will only work 3 state finals and that is it. Well that is kind of true, but is not always for a lot of reasons. Also that stated limit applies to what you did in one gender. You could work both genders theoretically, but most officials never wish or never get the opportunity to work both. For example I never put in for girls playoffs so I will never work those games and never have in my career.

But they rotate guys around and even if you work a state final one year, there is no guarantee you will even go back. There are many guys who have worked twice and have never gotten the opportunity again or go several years before they get that possible "third" shot.

For example last year when I went to the State Finals, there is a total of 12 officials that work the weekend in the particular classes. In my group 4 of us were first timers (or rookies), 8 of the officials had been previously. Four of the officials had been the year before. The other 4 had not been in at least a couple of years and 2 of those had not been in about 3 years. So in our state they move people around and it takes time to get through our process.

Peace