View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 01, 2001, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alaska Ref
Lightbulb Throw-in

Rule 4 Section 41 Art 2 "A Throw-in is a method of putting the ball in play from out of bounds"

I am assuming the origional post was referring to a lower level game, in a varsity contest if the players are draging there feet i will start a visible and audable count and that will take care of that situation right now.

I stand by my first reply that the ball is in-bounded because it became dead after the basket was made. In the "OLD" days they had a jump ball after each made basket.

I belive this is where COMMON SENCE officating come's into play if you have younger players teach them, if you have older players then it's a 5-second violation not a delay of game.

Example: If after a time out the players are not out of the huddle you place the ball on the floor and start your 5-second count, if the defence is still in the huddle then it's an uncontested basket. (and believe me the last one of that game)

It's a delay of game warning and or a tec if the team that just scored touch's the ball and interupt's or delays the start of the throw-in.

Have Fun